I am a Research Associate (PostDoc) at DIGITAL CULTURES RESEARCH LAB, Leuphana University, Lüneburg
A Polish-Canadian sociologist, I received my doctoral degree from the Department of Sociology at Lancaster University, working with John Urry and Monika Buscher on the way sociality is impacted by hyper-mobility. My main academic interests include mobility, sociality and new media, as well as the shift in music production and consumption today.
After being based in the English countryside, I moved to Warsaw to work at the Warsaw School of Social Sciences and Humanities as well as with Dominik Batorski at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling, working on publishing research related to social networking practices and social capital.
After that, I conducted post-doctoral research at the HafenCity University in Hamburg, taking on the task of hitchhiking, couchsurfing, and stalking strangers down at train stations in order to uncover the low-cost transport issues inherent in inter-city travel.
Besides working in all sorts of academic disciplines, I am also a professional pop-folk musician. Find me on stage with the band Paula & Karol.
– Research Associate, Digital Cultures Research Lab, Luneburg (2013-Present)
– Postdoctoral Fellow, HafenCity University Hamburg (2012-2013)
– Doctoral candidate in Sociology, Lancaster University (2007-2011)
· Masters degree in Sociology, University of Warsaw, Poland (June 2007)
· Bachelor of Arts,University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. (September, 2004)